Friday, April 30, 2010

God's Nuggets: So Long Insecurity Simulcast

I was so privileged to attend the Beth Moore Simulcast last Saturday.  My husband has been having to work weekends and we don't find out until Friday night if he does so I went ahead in faith and bought my ticket and PTL, he didn't have to work so he could take care of our son for me.

I just wanted to share a few points that really spoke to me.  First of all, Beth spoke from Ephesians 4 and 5 which talks about putting off the old and putting on the new.  She made an acrostic with SECURE to explain. (Also, imagine her speaking in a southern accent and emphasizing these words!)

A SECURE woman is...
1. Saved from herself- my biggest enemy is my own insecurity, it is also a form of pride.
2.  Entitled to truth- we must not listen to the lies, but believe God
3.  Clothed with intention-   Proverbs 31: 25 says we are clothed with strength and dignity, we "dress" on purpose, I can say to myself "that is the old me, let me put on the new me"
4.  Upended by grace- I have freedom to forgive and extend that grace to others, love, love, love!  Grace is the only thing we give away that we can keep.
5. Rebounded by love-  We are completely loved by the God of the universe, when we know we are loved, we love others
6. Exceptional in life- Have people see that there is something different about me! 

Death to the OLD- Life to the NEW! Your security is in Christ- claim it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the interesting information